Saturday, July 17, 2010

lest we forget ...

 
words
said 
unsaid
forced into search
alien to their birth


more we tried 
to grapple with words
more they cringed
with fear  disgust
refusing to carry
farce of our lot
fragile selves
tied up in knots


I hear them laugh 
I hear them wail
but really to what avail
we and our
endeavors
remain perpetually insane
not saying what we feel
feeling things never said


what do I do
cried the word
they took away the meaning
of my very existence
if I cannot be myself
on my word
I should be dead ...











11 comments:

  1. The power of words is indescribable. With one lift of the eyebrow they convey every conceivable emotion. Even ‘In Absentia’, the silence reverberates with the resonance of their very absence.
    I like these lines by Boyzone,
    ‘it's only words
    and words are all I have ..’
    love, chhabi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suresh C Sharma;
    If I cannot be myself, on my word I should be dead... Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maitreyee Bhattacharjee Chowdhury:
    lovely..esp liked the lines.." not saying what we feel
    feeling things never said"...
    July 18 at 12:16am

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raman Sinha: It is true that our existence is locked in the 'prison house' of the language but can't we unlock it by exploring some extra-language communication channels.
    July 18 at 1:10am

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gita Viswanath: Very nice.
    July 18 at 3:27am

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nan Joshi: Beauty. . .
    July 18 at 5:54am

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seema Mendiratta Paul: OMG! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Abha Chadha: Bravo!! i hear you..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jaiya Venkat: So true.....the last paragraph was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. John Samson: My word! indeed, an inspired piece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vonney Andrews:
    grapple with
    words
    with meanings
    for which we exist ... very nice joyce

    ReplyDelete